Finding Freedom through Communication
Sunday, June 20, 3:00-6:00pm
God, Naps & Cadillacs
Topics of discussion:
– What is religion’s role and has it increased and/or depleted Black power and unification?
– How does the color complex (issues of skin complexion, hair texture and the “Black image”) impact you?
– Black Consumerism vs. Ownership: When and how do we invest in ourselves?
1) “Mentacide: The Ultimate Threat to the Black Race”, by Dr. Bobby Wright
Click link to view this reading: Mentacide – The Ultimate Threat to the Black Race
2) “The Conquest of Blacks by Religion”, by Chancellor Williams
Click link to view this reading: Conquest of Blacks by Religion
3) “Black denial“, by Frances Robles
Click link to view this reading: Black denial-Dominican Republic